We are an equal opportunity employer that offers progressive careers in the Village of Elk Grove as the exceptional community. Each open position outlines the job requirements and qualifications, the salary or wage rate, the date that the position advertisement closes, and the application process. To apply for an open position, an account must be created and an online job application completed, which may be done by clicking on the job posting of interest on the “Open Positions" link below. Because the Village receives a high volume of applications, only those candidates chosen to interview for an open position will be contacted through email. Hiring for Police Officer or Firefighter positions is accomplished by clicking the link below “Fire and Police Commission”. Fire is done through IO Solutions, while police is through Stanard & Associates.
Open Positions - listed at the bottom of the page
Fire and Police Commission - currently closed
Technical difficulties when applying? See our troubleshooting FAQs.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WEB BROWSERS:
Internet Explorer 11
Google Chrome, or
Safari (for Mac Users).
In the unlikely event that you experience difficulties using one of these web browsers, we recommend trying another.**Please note, all applicant correspondence is communicated via e-mail. Therefore, a valid e-mail account is required in order to create an account and submit an application for consideration.**
- Click “Apply Now” on the job posting page.
- Create an account, using a valid email address, or log in if already registered.
- Complete the application by answering all questions.
- Incomplete applications MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- All attachments must be MS Word (.doc/.docx) or Adobe (.pdf) file.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and require an accommodation during any phase of the application process, please notify Human Resources at least 24 hours in advance so that we may review and consider the request. It is the policy of the Village of Elk Grove Village to provide employment, compensation and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, sex, veteran status or disability, or any other bases prohibited by Federal or State law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Village intends to comply fully with all Federal and State laws and the information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law.
Firefighter Openings are currently CLOSED.
Police Officer Openings are currently CLOSED.
Enviornmental Health Intern
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:15.13 / hr
- Posted Date:12/20/2018
- Deadline to Apply:01/21/2019
The Village of Elk Grove Village is seeking an Environmental Health Intern for the Environmental Health Services Division.
1. Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections related to property maintenance, health and sanitation and related municipal code enforcement efforts, such as weed and grass control, proper garbage/refuse storage and disposal, insect/rodent control.
2. Prepares reports and correspondence.
3. Cooperates with the Environmental Health Inspectors and other Department personnel as necessary.
4. Communicates with employees outside the Department. Understands the importance of sharing information, and reporting the status of investigations as necessary.
5. Performs a number of miscellaneous duties that assist in the effective operation of the Department’s office, such as answering telephone inquiries and assisting residents.
6. Appears as a witness before court in reference to the issuance of citations for Village Ordinance violations.
Must complete a project assigned by the Environmental Health Inspectors that will improve Department operations or functions
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or be working towards a degree in environmental health/science or physical/biological science.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hrs/wk COMPENSATION: $15.13 per hour
OPENING DATE: December 20, 2018 CLOSING DATE: January 21, 2019To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must also complete an application by visiting www.elkgrove.org, going to open jobs on the homepage and selecting the Environmental Health Intern Position.