The Elk Grove Village Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of firefighter. Applications are available at recruitment.iosolutions.com until July 7, 2017. The application deadline is July 7, 2017 at 2:00 PM.
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $40.00 non-refundable application fee;
- Must be at least 21 years of age as of written examination date (8/5/17), and less than 35 years of age as of hire date unless otherwise exempt by statute;
- Must be a United States citizen or meet requirements for citizenship;
- Must possess IDPH or National Registry EMT-Paramedic license by August 31, 2017 – applicants who receive their license between the deadline and 8/31/17 must submit a copy to IOS Recruitment as soon as possible;
- Must possess valid CPAT/Ladder Climb card at time of application and at time of appointment. Card is considered valid if issued between 07.2016-07.2017;
- Must read, write and speak English;
- Must be in excellent physical condition and have good vision;
- Must be of good moral character; must not have been convicted of any crimes or guilty of infamous or notoriously disgraceful conduct as described in the Illinois Compiled Statues 65 ICLS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Must be legally eligible to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Illinois and must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s license at the time of hire.
- Preference points will be awarded for veteran status, education, and various licensures.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Written Exam/Orientation Information:
Saturday, August 5, 2017
Elk Grove High School
500 W Elk Grove Blvd
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 8:00 a.m. with photo identification (valid driver’s license or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.