Residential Street Maintenance Program Update - September
Staff completed the necessary repairs to the drainage structures in preparation for the resurfacing. The removal and replacement of the curb and sidewalk is scheduled to begin late-September with resurfacing to follow in mid-October.
The Village's Fall 2017 Street Maintenance Program consists of curb and sidewalk rehabilitation, pavement patching, and resurfacing along 1.7 miles of residential and business park streets as noted below. Construction on the roadways listed below should begin in September and will be completed by November 2017.The initial phase of the project replaces deteriorated curb, sidewalk, and storm sewer structures. The next phase will be milling the pavement surface and patching severe pavement cracks. The final phase will be placing the new asphalt surface layer. Just prior to laying this final asphalt layer, the street will be sprayed with a tack coat. Fresh oil signs will be posted during this phase so residents are reminded to travel slowly on the tack-coated surface.
Residential Streets to be Resurfaced
- Atlantic Lane Potomac Lane to Hampshire Drive
- Biscayne Drive Northport Drive to Montego Drive
- Brown Circle Rutgers Lane to End
- Jersey Lane Biesterfield Road to Rutgers Lane
- Montego Drive Biscayne Drive to Leeds Lane
- Montego Court Montego Drive to End
- Oxford Circle Rutgers Lane to End
- Parkchester Rd Trowbridge Road to Arlington Heights Road
- Rutgers Lane Jersey Lane to Biesterfield Road