Halloween Trick-or-Treating Hours
- Date: 10/31/2018 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Elk Grove Village has set Halloween trick-or-treat hours from 1 p.m. until 8 p.m. on October 31. Residents are encouraged to turn on their front porch light if they want to pass out candy on Halloween.
To have a safe and fun Halloween, the Elk Grove Village Police Department offers these important safety tips for trick-or-treating:
Children are reminded to bring their Halloween candy home and have their parents properly inspect the candy before eating it.
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children.
- Older children should walk together with a large group of friends and stay in their immediate neighborhoods.
- Children should always walk on the sidewalk and should avoid trick-or-treating near busy streets.
- Motorists are reminded to drive carefully in residential neighborhoods and watch out for children crossing the street.
- Children should carry glow sticks or flashlights when trick-or-treating during the evening hours and only go to homes where the porch light is on.
- Children should never enter a residence or a vehicle to accept Halloween candy.
The Elk Grove Village Police Department will be conducting extra patrols in residential neighborhoods on Halloween. You should immediately dial 9-1-1 if you observe any suspicious activity during trick-or-treating.
Have a Safe & Happy Halloween!