- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$67,558 DOQ. Position max is $93,392.
- Posted Date:06/29/2020
- Deadline to Apply:07/20/2020
Elk Grove Village, Illinois, (pop. 33,127), a strategically located, progressive community that is home to the largest consolidated business park in North America, is seeking dynamic, detail and customer service oriented candidates for the position of Building Inspector. Elk Grove Village is located in Cook and DuPage Counties adjacent to O’Hare International Airport, and is home to approximately 3,600 businesses located in its 5.4 square mile Business Park. The Village of Elk Grove Village has surpassed being “The Most Business Friendly Community in America” to now being “Beyond Business Friendly.”
Reporting to the Plan Reviewer/Inspection Supervisor, the Building Inspector ensures that residential, commercial and industrial structures are constructed in compliance with State, building and health requirements, Village Codes and Ordinances by inspecting building and construction sites and recommending approval or denial of inspections based on compliance with approved permit plans and applicable codes and ordinances.
The Building Inspector’s general responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts on-site field inspections of residential, commercial and industrial structures on private property;
- Reviews plats of survey, inspects soil conditions, evaluates soil reports and inspects the concrete to ensure proper mix and pouring procedures;
- Performs inspections of signs, framing and structural aspects of construction, mechanical installations, heating, ventilating, cooling systems, gas and solid fuel piping, chimney and vent installations, electrical installations, plumbing installations, and all other aspects of construction;
- Performs general zoning inspections throughout the Village;
- Coordinates and performs inspections for occupancies and bond refunds making recommendations for approval/denial;
- Advises contractors of violations and identifies corrections;
- Attends court proceedings representing the Department;
- Occasionally provides assistance in the plan review process as needed.
Five (5) years of experience in the building trades at the journeyman level,, ICC Residential and Commercial Building Inspector certifications, completion of 30-60 credit hours of college course work preferred encompassing Code Enforcement or a construction related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position is required.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
STARTING SALARY: $67,558 DOQ. Position max is $93,392.
OPENING DATE: Monday, June 29, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Monday, July 20, 2020
To Apply: Applicants must submit the online employment application at www.elkgrove.org by July 20, 2020. Attach your resume and references, as indicated. All other inquiries should be directed to:
The Office of Human Resources: 901 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village, Illinois, 60007.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 847-357-4020