Village Hall Closed, But Staff Available to Assist Residents
Based on the most recent recommendations of Governor Pritzker, the CDC and the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Village has made the following changes to Village Operations:
The Village of Elk Grove is closing Village Hall to the public effective Tuesday, March 17.
Plans are in place for water, sewer and public safety services to continue without interruption. Non-emergency staff will be available during regular business hours to assist residents by phone or email. The Village strongly encourages residents and businesses who need to do business with the Village to make use of our website (www.elkgrove.org), to reach out using our online service request system and to communicate with staff over the phone as much as possible. The main number for Village Hall is 847-357-4000. You can also reach out directly to a department at the numbers below:
- Community Development: (847) 357-4220
- Finance Department: (847) 357-4063
- Fire Administration: (847) 734-8000
- Human Resources: (847) 357-4020
- Police Non-Emergency
Information Center: (847) 357-4100
- Public Works: (847) 734-8800
- Village Clerk’s Office: (847) 357-4041
- Village Manager’s Office: (847) 357-4010
Most Village services and transactions can be completed online, by mail or by phone. In particular, please note:
- Payment of utility bills and tickets can be completed online, mailed in, or deposited in the drop box located on the wall just outside the Village Hall entrance at 901 Wellington Avenue. Additionally, due to the closure of Village Hall, the Finance Department will be temporarily accepting credit card payments via phone.Should you have questions, please contact the Finance Department: 847-357-4063.\
- For those seeking assistance with permits, the Community Development Department operates an online permitting program to facilitate your needs. Additionally, the vast majority of questions about permits can be addressed over the phone at 847-357-4220.
- Questions and requests for service from any department can be submitted using our online service request system.