Cancellations and Closures Due to COVID-19
Meetings at Village Facilities Canceled Until April 13, 2020
Out of an abundance of caution and in order to prevent, or limit, the potential spread of the coronavirus, the Village has canceled all non-essential meetings and events in Village facilities until April 13, 2020. These cancellations include:
- Plan Commission Hearing, March 16
- Budget Meeting, March 17
- Elk Grove Village Police Officer Written Exam, March 21
- Village Board Meeting, March 24
- Adjudication Hearings on March 25 and April 22 (All matters scheduled for the month of March or April will be moved to May 27)
Community Facility Closures/Event Cancellations Due to COVID-19
Many organizations in the Village are implementing temporary closures in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The following are closures/cancellations that have been announced as of March 14, 2020:
- The Elk Grove Village Public Library will be closed to the public effective beginning 7pm today, March 13, until 9am on March 30.
- The Elk Grove Park District is suspending all public access to programs, services, and facilities effective Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 6pm through March 30, 2020. The Sheila Ray Adult Center classes, programming, luncheons, and activities will be cancelled until May 1.
- AMITA Health is limiting visitors at the Alexian Brothers Medical Center until further notice. Visit their website to learn more.
- The Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County has postponed the openings for seasonal electronic drop-offs in Hoffman Estates, Mount Prospect, and Winnetka in addition to the suspension of Saturday electronics drop off at the Glenview Transfer Station until further notice.