Click here for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates.

Depressed Curb

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Residents can choose to replace the mountable curb at their driveway with a depressed curb when the concrete apron is replaced.

• Curb removal and replacement shall be accomplished by saw cutting and removing the limits of existing curb and gutter and replacing with depressed curb and gutter.  "Sawing off" of the top of the curb will not be allowed.
• Existing curb materials that have been removed shall not be placed on the roadway or within the Village Right-Of-Way.
• Damage to the roadway, curb or grass parkway must be restored before your bond can be refunded.

The Village of Elk Grove requires a permit for the installation of a Depressed Concrete Curb. By applying for a permit, the Village is able to supply the Permittee/Contractor with the necessary information and details to ensure this improvement meets Village codes and requirements.

• Obtain a permit application from the Department of Community Development, which is located on the Main Level of the Charles J. Zettek Municipal Building at 901 Wellington Avenue, or on-line here.
• Return the completed application to the Department of Community Development with a copy of your Plat of Survey showing the location of the depressed curb improvement.   You can also upload your plat online.
• After you receive your permit, make sure to call for your required inspection(s).  You can also schedule your inspections online.

Inspections allow Village staff to physically view the contractor’s work and make sure the Village codes and requirements are followed.
• Pre-Pour Inspection
Permittee/Contractor must schedule an inspection prior to pouring concrete to ensure that the stone base is compacted, epoxy coated dowel bars have been installed correctly, ½” preformed expansion material is in place and two (2) #4 reinforcing steel bars are on site and ready to be installed as the curb is being poured.
• Requesting Inspections
To schedule an inspection, contact the Department of Community Development at (847)357-4220, Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm. Requests for inspections must be made 24 hours in advance. Please have your permit number ready when you call.  You can always schedule inspections online, even if you didn't apply for your permit online!
• Final Inspection and Bond Refund
Once work has been completed, including restoration, the Permittee/Contractor must complete the Request for Bond Refund form and return it to the Department of Community Development. A final inspection will then be performed by the Village. Providing all work is done correctly, the bond will be refunded.

For Detailed Specifications click on:



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer