- Click “Apply Now” on the job posting page.
- Create an account, using a valid email address, or log in if already registered.
- Complete the application by answering all questions.
- Incomplete applications MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- All attachments must be MS Word (.doc/.docx) or Adobe (.pdf) file.
**Please note, all applicant correspondence is communicated via e-mail. Therefore, a valid e-mail account is required in order to create an account and submit an application for consideration.**
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and require an accommodation during any phase of the application process, please notify Human Resources at least 24 hours in advance so that we may review and consider the request. It is the policy of the Village of Elk Grove Village to provide employment, compensation and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, sex, veteran status or disability, or any other bases prohibited by Federal or State law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Village intends to comply fully with all Federal and State laws and the information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law.
- 1. How do I confirm that my resume uploaded properly?
Answer: For security reasons, documents you upload are not visible or available for download. However, if the system detects any errors with uploading attached documents, an error message will display immediately.
- 2. Is the position I applied for closed / What is the status of my application?
Answer: You may check the current status of your submitted applications at: http://www.elkgrove.org/Sys/Sso/Dashboard/JobApplication?cjaf=0
- 3. I get an error message stating the "script has stopped working."
Answer: Please check that any browser plugins or add-ons which affect page scripts are disabled before applying. This can be checked in Internet Explorer and Firefox under "Tools > Manage add-ons" or Chrome under "Menu > More Tools > Extensions."
- 4. The button to Submit or Save Progress is grayed out / does not respond.
Answer: Please ensure you have filled out all required fields on the page before submitting or saving your application. Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk *
- 5. I did not receive a confirmation email.
Answer: After submitting a job application form, a confirmation will be sent to the email address you used to login to the Apply Online system. If you do not see it at that address, please check your email spam folder.
- 6. I used a Google or Facebook account to login previously and am having trouble logging in.
Answer: Our Apply Online system has been updated and no longer allows Google or Facebook sign ons. Please create a website account to apply online.
- 7. I Have a website account and am having trouble logging in.
Answer: Please use our password reset tool at http://www.elkgrove.org/Sys/sso/ForgotPassword
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WEB BROWSERS:
Internet Explorer 11
Google Chrome, or
Safari (for Mac Users).
In the unlikely event that you experience difficulties using one of these web browsers, we recommend trying another.
Still having trouble? Please call our Human Resources Department at 847-357-4020, Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00.