This year’s street maintenance program consists of curb and sidewalk rehabilitation, pavement patching, and resurfacing along 3.0 miles of Business Park Streets. The project is general broken down into in three phases of construction:
Phase I (Storm Sewer) – Necessary repairs and/or modifications are made to the drainage structures along these roadways.
Phase II (Concrete) – Removal and replacement of deteriorated curbs and sidewalks throughout the project area will then take place. This work will be limited to one side of the street at a time.
Phase III (Pavement) – The final phase includes full depth pavement patching, milling of the existing pavement surface, the placement of a new pavement surface layer and then final pavement marking is placed. A tack-coat (Fresh Oil) is applied prior to laying the new pavement layer as an adhesive between the asphalt layers. Fresh Oil signs will be posted during in advance to remind motorist to travel slowly on the tack-coated material.
- Start Date: April 20, 2020
- Est. Completion Date: June 2020
- Project Cost: $1,295,800
- Contractor: Builders Asphalt
- Project Manager: Jeff Maczko, P.E.
- Chase Avenue: Tonne Rd. to Touhy Ave.
- Lunt Avenue: Tonne Rd. to Busse Rd.
- Morse Avenue: Tonne Rd. to Busse Rd.
- Project Impacts: Concrete rehabilitation work may impact driveway access for businesses. These impacts will be communicated through door hangers as the project progresses. On days when the roadway is being milled to remove the existing roadway surface or paved to place a new roadway surface, signs will be erected notifying motorists of delays and the presence of flaggers. Access to streets in the program will always be available, but delays are possible while crews are working
06/12/20: This week, Builders Paving finished landscape restoration on Morse Avenue, Lunt Avenue, and Chase Avenue. The project is now completed, and final cleanup work will be finished by the end of next week.
06/05/20: This week, Builders Asphalt finished surface paving of Morse Avenue, Lunt Avenue, and Chase Avenue. The contractor also worked at completing landscape restoration. The project is mostly completed and the final punch list items and cleanup work will continue for the next couple weeks.
05/29/20: This week, Builders Asphalt finished pavement patching work on Chase Avenue and began milling the existing road to prepare the street for a new pavement surface. Next week, the contractor will begin surface paving Morse Avenue, Lunt Avenue, and Chase Avenue. This project is scheduled to be completed in early June, and flaggers will be present to direct traffic around construction operations.
Have a comment, question or concern related to a Village construction project? Click here to contact our Public Works Department.