This project helps residents alleviate rear-yard flooding at locations that the Public Works Department has evaluated as requiring additional storm sewer. The contractor will be installing new inlets and under drain pipe, as well as regrading yards to achieve proper drainage that has been lost over the years.
- Start Date: October 2019
- Est. Completion Date: October 2020
- Project Cost: $634,240
- Contractor: Prime Construction
- Project Manager: Will Denton, P.E.
- Location: Rear yard utility easements of 1403-1451 James Way, 929-1121 Carswell Avenue, 48-82 Evergreen Street, 503-513 Ridgewood Road, 727-755 Schooner Lane, 750-762 Michigan Lane, 1549-1571 California Street, 1550-1568 Colorado Lane, 106-118 Crest Avenue, 110-118 Wildwood Road, 512-546 Willow Lane.
- Project Impacts: Affected residents will be notified with letters delivered to their door about impacts and duration as the project progresses.
07/10/20: This week, Prime Construction continued installation of the new drainage system within the rear yards at Schooner Lane and Michigan Lane. The contractor placed storm sewer piping, inlets, and sump pump stubs in the yards and tied in residents’ sump lines.
07/02/20: This week, Prime Construction began installation of the new rear yard drainage system within the rear yards at Schooner Lane and Michigan Lane. Next week, the contractor will continue installation along the Schooner Lane corridor until complete. After the storm sewer installation is completed, the contractor will begin restoration efforts which will include soil grading, sodding, and fencing reinstallation. Sodding installation will be dictated by weather conditions that are conducive to growth and may require time between grading and sodding placement.
06/26/20: This week, Prime Construction completed storm sewer installation between the rear yards of California Street and Colorado Lane. The contractor relocated late in the week to Michigan Lane and Schooner Lane, the third and final site of the 2020 program, to begin storm sewer installation. A return trip was made to Crest Avenue and Willow Lane to complete sodding of disturbed areas. Next week, the contractor will continue installation along the Schooner Lane corridor until complete and then shift gears to focus on restoration efforts along the site as well as California Street corridor. All work is expected to be completed by the end of next week weather permitting.
Have a comment, question or concern related to a Village construction project? Click here to contact our Public Works Department.