This year’s residential street maintenance program consists of curb and sidewalk rehabilitation, pavement patching, and resurfacing 4.6 miles of residential streets as noted below. The project is general broken down into in three phases of construction:
Phase I (Storm Sewer) – Necessary repairs and/or modifications are made to the drainage structures along these roadways.
Phase II (Concrete) – Removal and replacement of deteriorated curbs and sidewalks throughout the project area will then take place. This work will be limited to one side of the street at a time.
Phase III (Pavement) – The final phase includes full depth pavement patching, milling of the existing pavement surface, the placement of a new pavement surface layer and then final pavement marking is placed. A tack-coat (Fresh Oil) is applied prior to laying the new pavement layer as an adhesive between the asphalt layers. Fresh Oil signs will be posted during in advance to remind motorist to travel slowly on the tack-coated material.
- Start Date: June 2020
- Est. Completion Date: September 2020
- Project Cost: $1,457,995.33
- Contractor: Arrow Road Construction Co.
- Project Manager: Jeff Maczko, P.E.
- Avon Road: Penrith Ave to Milbeck Ave
- Beisner Road: Gloucester Dr to Winston Dr
- Bradford Circle: Winston Dr to End
- Brantwood Court: Brantwood Ave to End
- Brantwood Place: Brantwood Ave to End
- Charing Cross Road: Elk Grove Blvd to Ridge Ave
- Creighton Avenue: Keswick Rd to John F. Kennedy Blvd
- Edgeware Road: Charing Cross Rd to Ridge Ave
- Grassmere Road: Penrith Ave to Brantwood Ave
- Keswick Road: Penrith Ave to Brantwood Ave
- Lakeview Circle: Winston Dr to End
- Lindale Street: Wildwood Rd to End
- Middlebury Lane: Tower Ln to Victoria Ln
- Milbeck Avenue: Keswick Rd to Grassmere Rd
- Milbeck Court: Grassmere Road to End
- Parkview Circle: Winston Dr to End
- Penrith Avenue: Keswick Rd to Brantwood Ave
- Ruskin Circle: Winston Dr to End
- Ruskin Drive: Winston Dr to Winston Dr
- Shelly Road: Arlington Heights Rd to Brantwood Ave
- Sussex Court: Tower Ln to Middlebury Ln
- Wildwood Road: Oakton Ave to E. Higgins Rd
- Project Impacts: Concrete rehabilitation work may impact driveway access for homeowners. These impacts will be communicated through door hangers as the project progresses. On days when the roadway is being milled to remove the existing roadway surface or paved to place a new roadway surface, signs will be erected notifying motorists of delays and the presence of flaggers. Access to streets in the program will always be available, but delays are possible while crews are working.
07/10/20: This week, Arrow Road Construction continued concrete work in the areas of Wildwood Road, Charing Cross Road, Keswick Road, and the Ruskin Avenue. In addition, the contractor began pavement patching work near Wildwood Road. Next week, the contractor will continue concrete work and pavement patching. After the concrete work and roadway patching is completed, repaving work will take place. This project is scheduled to be completed by the end of August.
07/02/20: This week, Arrow Road Construction continued concrete work on the Wildwood area and the Charing Cross Area. The contractor will begin work in the Ruskin area next week as well as continue the second sides of the Wildwood Area and Charing Cross Area. After all the concrete work is completed, roadway patching and repaving will take place. This project is scheduled to be completed by the end of August.
06/26/20: This week, Arrow Road Construction completed concrete work on the first side of Wildwood Road, Lindale Street, Charing Cross Road, Edgeware Road, Sussex Court, and Middlebury Lane. The contractor also began concrete work in Keswick Road area on one side of the streets. This work will continue on the second side of the streets next week. After all the concrete work is completed, roadway patching and repaving will take place. This project is scheduled to be completed by the end of August.
Have a comment, question or concern related to a Village construction project? Click here to contact our Public Works Department.