The Village is replacing the existing water main along Ridgewood Road from Tanglewood Drive to Wildwood Road and along Crest Avenue from Ridgewood Road and Wildwood Road. The project includes the installation of a new 8” water main, residential service connections, pavement patching, and landscape restoration. The project is anticipated to begin construction this summer.
- Start Date: June 2020
- Est. Completion Date: October 2020
- Project Cost: $979,954
- Contractor: Gerardi Sewer and Water Co.
- Project Manager: Will Denton P.E.
- Location: Ridgewood Road and Crest Avenue
- Project Impacts: During construction, work will be taking place primarily in the roadway as the contractor installs a new 8" water main. This will limit the roadway width to one lane where the contractor’s operations are taking place. The roadway will continue to remain open to two-way traffic at all times, however delays due to construction equipment and workers should be expected. While the new water main is installed access to driveways may temporarily be unavailable as the contractor performs work adjacent to residences, these temporary outages will be kept to a minimum and will be reopened as soon as the operations have passed by. Some driveway entrances may have to be replaced to facilitate the installation of new water services. Any impacts to driveways will be communicated with notices at a future date prior to any inconvenience. Once the new water main has been tested and put into operation the resurfacing of the street will commence, similar temporary roadway restrictions will apply during this time and notices will again be delivered. Trash collection and mail delivery will remain uninterrupted during this project.
07/10/20: This week, Gerardi Sewer and Water Co. began work installing new water services along Ridgewood Road from Willow Lane to Wildwood Road. This work is expected to be completed this week by concluding with water service transfers for all impacted residences. Next week, the contractor will conduct the last system tie-in within the intersection of Ridgewood Road and Wildwood Road, and temporary road closures should be expected during this time. Additionally, the removal of old water main valves and hydrants along with miscellaneous site cleanup will take place next week. Preparation work will be conducted for curbs and sidewalks that were removed to prepare for replacement.
07/02/20: This week, Gerardi Sewer and Water Co. utilized two crews to conduct water main installation, water service piping installation, and system tie-ins and testing. The first crew installed the 8” water main east along Ridgewood Road until reaching Wildwood Road. This stretch of new water main along Ridgewood Road between Willow Lane and Wildwood Road was pressure tested and chlorinated following installation. The crew then conducted the system tie-in work within the intersections of Ridgewood Road and Crest Avenue and then also at Crest Avenue and Wildwood Road. The additional crew installed new water service piping and water service boxes along Crest Avenue between Woodcrest Avenue and Wildwood Road. Next week, the contractor will begin work installing new water services along Ridgewood Road where the main has passed testing.
06/26/20: This week, Gerardi Sewer and Water Co. worked at the intersection of Tanglewood Road and Ridgewood Road to tie-in the new water main to our existing system. The contractor returned to the Crest Avenue water main and began installing new water service piping to residences between Ridgewood Road and Woodcrest Lane. On Thursday, a second crew began installing a new 8” water main working eastward along Ridgewood Road from the intersection at Willow Lane. Next week, the contractor will continue water main installation along Ridgewood Road to Wildwood Road. Following that, the contractor will pressure test and chlorinate the new water main. The other crew will continue with water service piping installation along Crest Avenue and once complete will drop back to complete 3 system tie-ins at Crest Avenue and Ridgewood Road, Woodcrest Avenue, and Wildwood Road. Temporary road closures at intersections can be expected at this time.
Have a comment, question or concern related to a Village construction project? Click here to contact our Public Works Department.