The Building Division conducts inspections on all projects subject to permits throughout the Village. Inspections are conducted to ensure proper, code compliant installations are provided to help maintain the welfare and safety of our community’s customers, tenants, owners, and residents.
• By Phone: Contact Community Development at (847) 357-4220
• In Person: Schedule an inspection at Community Development Department counter, located in the Charles J. Zettek Municipal Complex at 901 Wellington Avenue.
• Time: Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
• Inspections must be requested at least twenty four (24) hours in advance.
Please have the following information ready when scheduling inspections:
• Permit Number
• Type of Inspection
• Time and Date
• Contact information
• Footing/Foundation/Post holes
• Pre-Pour Slab (Garage/Basement/House)
• Drain tile
• Electrical Service
• Above ceiling
• Final (Building/Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing)
Click here for details regarding Residential Housing Inspections.