Outdoor Fireplaces are now permitted for use in Elk Grove Village subject to the requirements below:
- All units are to be assembled following the manufacturers requirements (lid and screen must be in place).
- When in use, the unit shall be placed on a noncombustible surface and positioned away from any structure or combustible object.
- Only seasoned hard woods shall be used. Rubbish, refuse, and yard waste and the like shall not be burned.
- Fires must be maintained at a reasonable size. Smoke emitted from the outdoor fireplace shall not infringe on any neighbor's health, safety, comfort, or quiet enjoyment of his residence.
- The outdoor fireplace must be attended to by an adult at all times.
- All fires shall be immediately and completely extinguished when finished.
- Outdoor fireplaces shall not be utilized during periods of high wind velocity.
- A portable fire extinguisher, pail of water, or connected garden hose shall be kept near the unit while it is in use.
- Any fire which is deemed a nuisance or a hazard by the Elk Grove Village Fire or Police Department must be extinguished upon request.