Trick or Treating is permitted on October 31 between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
On May 11, 2004 the Village Board adopted changes to the Village's existing Curfew law. Changes were required so that the Village could comply with recent Federal Court decisions and also be in compliance with surrounding communities.
Per the amended ordinance: It shall be unlawful for any person under 17 years of age to be upon any public way, public place, street, establishment or roadway during the following times:
- Between 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on Saturday;
- Between 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on Sunday; and
- Between 11:01 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday inclusive and 6:00 a.m. on the following day.
Before issuing a citation or making an arrest, a police officer shall ask the apparent offender's age and reason that offender is in a public place, establishment or other prohibited location. No citation or arrest will be issued unless the officer reasonably believes that an offense has occurred.
Any person violating this provision shall be subject to a fine no less than $25 nor more than $500 for each offense.
The Village's overnight parking restrictions serve the community by:
- Preventing Village Streets from becoming littered with abandoned or non-operational vehicles;
- Assisting the Police Department in overnight street patrols;
- and, Allowing for the removal of snow, or cleaning streets of snow from curb to curb during overnight winter operations.
If you have a temporary need to park your vehicle on the street overnight, please contact the Police Department at (847) 357-4100. Please be prepared to provide a description of the vehicle including license plate number when seeking permission to park overnight.
Elk Grove Village has a state-of-the-art, enhanced 9-1-1 system. If you need a Police Officer, Firefighter, or Paramedic to arrive at your location, please call 9-1-1 and the emergency service will be dispatched to you.