Click here for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates.

Power Outages

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Reporting an Outage

Village residents experiencing an outage can report it in a variety of ways through ComEd. Residents can use their mobile device to call, text, fill out an online form or report using the ComEd Mobile App or Facebook Outage App. Residents may also register for outage alerts to receive information of outages affecting the area as well as outage status updates. For more information on how to register for alerts, report outages as well as getting the latest information visit the ComEd Report an Outage page.

Frequent Outage Investigation

A number of residents have experienced a power outage in the time they have lived in Elk Grove, and Commonwealth Edison has initiated a program to assist them in identifying problem areas. Any resident experiencing a power outage can call Commonwealth Edison to request a Frequent Outage Investigation. This investigation can reveal problems with underground wires and identify those that may need to be replaced. Commonwealth Edison will then communicate directly with all residents who requested an investigation with the results.

To request a Frequent Outage Investigation in the case of a power outage, call 1-800-EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661). If you have any questions regarding this program, call the above number and ask to speak with someone from the Technical Investigation Group.

How to File a Complaint or Receive Reimbursement for Loss of Property

For the loss of property or damage caused to your home or vehicle as a result of a non storm related power outage, Commonwealth Edison has a form that you may fill out to recoup your damages. This form can be located here. Unfortunately, the Village has no enforcement authority over ComEd since electrical power is regulated by the State. To file a complaint, you may visit the Illinois Commerce Commission here.