Trick or Treating is permitted in the Village on October 31 from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Keep in mind these tips as your children haunt the neighborhood:
- Accompany children (or send an older sibling) and make sure they don't enter anyone's home without your permission.
- Map out a trick-or-treat route for your children to follow.
- Make sure kids cross only at corners and look in all directions first. Remind them to use sidewalks or walk facing traffic so approaching cars can be seen.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and/or bags to help drivers see them.
- Caution them against crossing the street between parked cars, where driver's can't see them.
- Warn children not to eat any goodies until you've had a chance to inspect them. When in doubt, throw it out.
For additional safety tips, check out these additional resources: